Wills and Estates Planning in Surrey

At South Point Law Centre, we can assist you with establishing an estate plan and drafting a proper Will to help manage and distribute your assets upon death. At the same time we can advise you on the pros and cons of executing a Power of Attorney and/or a Representation Agreement.

If you have concerns regarding administering an estate, South Point Law Centre can help you through the process. Whether or not a Will is in place, we can give advice and represent those who find themselves willingly or unwillingly in the position of having to administer an estate.


Everyone should consider preparing a Will which sets out how property is going to be distributed upon death. In preparing your Will there are many decisions that have to be made concerning executors, beneficiaries and the making of specific gifts as well as the payment of debts. You may have specific instructions concerning funeral arrangements. Read More..

Wills, Marriage & Divorce

It is important to note that the Wills Act provides that unless a Will is made in contemplation of marriage, it will be revoked upon marriage. Accordingly, it is important to ensure that you seek advice prior to marriage to avoid your Will being revoked and your estate being distributed under the Estate Administration Act.Read More..

Incapacity : Powers of Attorney, Representation Agreements & Committeeships

While many people these days recognize the importance of making a financial plan for their future by investing their assets in a prudent fashion, it is easy to overlook the importance of making plans to secure assets in the event of a serious illness or incapacity. Having a plan in place can alleviate stress and hardship to loved ones while ensuring that your wishes are respected.Read More..

Probate and Estate

If you have been appointed executor in a Will, you will have many responsibilities and duties. The task can be time-consuming and stressful. This can be more difficult by the fact that at the same time you are grieving the loss of a loved one. Read More..

Wills Variation Act

In the event that the distribution of an estate is unfairly distributed, a child or spouse of a deceased individual may apply to Court to vary the terms of a Will. The law that applies in such cases is the Wills Variation Act. It is important to note that there is a time limitation for making such an application. Read More..